Blackjack, is a game that can be beat. A good blackjack player with solid blackjack strategy can reduce the house odds to zero or even get them in his favour. However the growth of online casinos has led to more people playing Blackjack with mixed results.
Back in the good old blackjack days a player like myself could walk into a single deck casino and make a nice dent in the casino bankroll. A good basic strategy player who could count cards would give himself a big advantage over the house at single deck games which at the time were in abundance. As casinos fought to remove card counters, (although it is not cheating), new measures were introduced. Casinos went to multiple decks, introduced more shuffling. They also started dealing the cards face up from a shoe so that, firstly hands were completed quicker meaning more profit for the casino, and secondly the cards were not touched by the player meaning no card swapping could take place.
A good casino blackjack player though, may still struggle online as the online blackjack game is vastly different from the live blackjack game. Here are 5 strategies to help make you a winning blackjack player.
- Online blackjack makes card counting impossible, each hand is dealt from a freshly shuffled deck and this cannot be overcome. Card counting is impossible . To be a winner online, bankroll management and good strategy are imperative. Using a blackjack strategy which avoids busting your hand will give you a huge difference to your bankroll. The casinos major advantage is that if you go bust it wins, irrespective of whether the casino busts or not. Try and avoid busting at all costs.
- Offline always try and get the dealer on your side. Tip regularly, involve him in conversation and treat him as your friend not your enemy. If the deck is in your favour the last thing you want to do is get the dealer against you so he shuffles the cards more frequently taking away your advantage. If you are winning and paying him, he wants you to keep winning.
- Online remember you will play far more blackjack hands than you would live. make sure that you have a set bank target, both up or down. If you sit down with $100 at a $5 table I would make $130 my profit figure and $60 my walk away figure. This strategy is good offline as well, but imperative at an online blackjack table because of the speed of play.
- Offline blackjack, learn a simple counting strategy, with variable betting the game can be crushed. Taking your time to learn when the deck favours you is well worth it for the results it produces.
- Never take insurance. there are very rare times when insurance against a casino blackjack should be taken. Online never take this bet. Offline if you are new to the game follow this advice, if you are competent counting cards only take insurance when well through the deck and it is 10 rich.
When gambling online you will find that you can either play the game of your choice for free or you can play for real money and prizes. Of course, where you choose to gamble online will determine whether or not cash and prizes are offered. There are many websites offering free gambling but if you want to get in on real money action you will need to visit one or more online casinos to begin playing for real money.
Typically, when gambling online for real money, you will find that you will be required to become a registered member at the online casino of your choosing. However, what is particularly nice about becoming a member at an online casino is that you will be offered signup bonuses for becoming a member. Signup bonuses are a percentage of the initial deposit you place in an account when you first signup at an online casino to begin gambling for money. Such a bonus can be used to place wagers on blackjack, poker, roulette and more.
Many online casinos offer you, as a new member, the opportunity to play several blackjack variants. Blackjack variants include Vegas Strip Blackjack, Atlantic City Blackjack, Multi-Hand Atlantic City Blackjack, European Blackjack, Spanish Blackjack, Triple 7’s Blackjack, Bonus Blackjack, as well as others. Yet, blackjack is not the only game available and you will find fun at the slots, the roulette wheel and all the poker tables you can dream of when you gamble online.
You may be required to download special software to your computer so that you can get in on the gaming action. Typically the software applications that allow individuals to play games are easy to install and are free to you when you create an account. This software gives you the sense that you are really at the casino–that is, without all the hubbub and noise around you that you will typically find in a brick and mortar casino. If you are a housewife and you choose to gamble online you don’t have to worry about the typical problems associated with travel and travel costs. You can enjoy a simulated casino setting in a safe environment.